Blog year 3
14 March 2010
This week the ABBA World blog celebrates its third annivesary! Time flies when you’re having fun and all that. It seems like only yesterday that I was making those very first posts.
Here’s a sampling of some of my favourite posts over the last year:
- Finally facing their ‘Waterloo’? The importance – or not? – of Eurovision in ABBA’s story.
- Story Of A Heart and the music of Benny Andersson does Benny’s music sound like ABBA or is it the other way around?
- Benny Andersson Band in London I was there!
- My City_My Life Björn’s travelogue around Stockholm for CNN.
- No Voulez-Vous Deluxe Edition? delayed in 2009, now to be released in May 2010.
- Who owns a song? discussion on the virtue of cover versions.
- Kristina at Carnegie Hall I was there for the English language debut of Benny and Björn’s musical.
- ABBA and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame reaction to the announcement of ABBA’s induction.
- Mamma Mia! fans celebrate the return of the musical.
- ABBA and Christmas why I’m glad ABBA never made a Christmas record.
- What was the ABBA event of 2009 poll – still open, by the way!
- My first ABBA record reminiscing about the ABBA LP.
- The Little White Piano Björn’s literary debut.